About the Group
The National Building Safety Group will develop a framework to achieve the objectives of the Building Safety Bill.
The Building Safety Bill 2019-20 was announced in the Queen's Speech on 19 December 2019 following the Grenfell Tower fire on 14 June 2017.
Its purpose is to put in place new and enhanced regulatory regimes for building safety and construction products and to ensure residents have a stronger voice in the system.
What you’ll be doing
You will help develop the framework to achieve the objectives of the Building Safety Bill. As this is a new group, members will also help build the remit and set aims.
Member qualities and skills
- Willing to work with us to improve services for customers
- A commitment to support our Customer Voice Strategy and Promise.[LINK]
- Ability to think strategically about policies, processes and procedures used across the affordable housing landlords.
- Objectivity in the approach to reviewing and monitoring policies, processes and procedures.
- Willing to work with others to achieve shared aims and be a team player.
- A commitment to continuously learn and developing your skills and knowledge.
Training and support
All involved customers will be encouraged and supported to take advantage of the Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) training seminars, round table discussions and the wealth of information available to members.
We will also be able to provide support and advice to help you access the training you need.
You will be asked to attend a minimum of four meetings per year (either online or in-person).
Customers from Places for People Scotland, Chorus Homes, Cotman Housing, Derwent Living, Places for People Homes and Living Plus are welcome to apply to be a member of the National Building Safety group.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider your application if:
- We are taking legal action against you, or you are in a legal dispute with Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies within the Group
- You are employed by Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies.
Fees and expenses
This role is a voluntary position, and you may be entitled to claim any reasonable out of pocket expenses related to your involvement activities in line with our Expenses Policy.
Membership will be reviewed on an annual basis.
We invite customers to join our new national and local panels.
Are you interested in finding out more? You can read about the roles by clicking below and apply using our simple form.