About the Local Customer Involvement Groups
The Local Customer Involvement Groups will help us improve our local services to ensure that we continue to deliver a great customer experience.
What you'll be doing
You may get involved with activity such as:
- Providing feedback to us on a service, or an area of our work
- Community investment initiatives / local bid approvals
- Giving feedback by completing surveys or taking part in focus group meetings
- Offer recommendations for improvements and highlight areas of best practice
- Work alongside other local customer groups
- Share best practice and assist us in re-shaping and improving services for a better customer experience.
- Recommend changes you'd like to see
- Ad-hoc engagement activity
- Let other residents in your area know of positive changes.
Member qualities and skills
- Willing to work with us to improve services for customers
- A commitment to support our Customer Voice Strategy and Promise.[LINK]
- Able to think strategically about policies, processes and procedures used across the affordable housing landlords.
- Objectivity in the approach to reviewing and monitoring policies, processes and procedures.
- Willing to work with others to achieve shared aims and be a team player.
- A commitment to continuously learn and developing your skills and knowledge.
Training and support
All involved customers will be encouraged and supported to take advantage of the Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) training seminars, round table discussions and the wealth of information available to members.
We will also be able to provide support and advice to help you access the training you need.
You will be asked to attend a minimum of four meetings per year (either online or in-person).
Customers from Places for People Scotland, Chorus Homes, Cotman Housing, Derwent Living, Places for People Homes and Living Plus are welcome to apply to be a member of a local customer involvement group.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider your application if:
- We are taking legal action against you, or you are in a legal dispute with Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies within the Group
- You are employed by Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies.
Fees and expenses
This role is a voluntary position, and you may be entitled to claim any reasonable out of pocket expenses related to your involvement activities in line with our Expenses Policy.
Membership will be reviewed on an annual basis.
We invite customers to join our new national and local panels.
Are you interested in finding out more? You can read about the roles by clicking below and apply using our simple form.