Planned maintenance covers:
- Kitchen and bathroom replacements
- Double glazing and heating improvements
- Roof and door replacements
- Common area improvements, such as lift replacements
The Contracts team will get in touch with you in you are included in the plan for the coming year.
Contact them on 0131 657 0600 for more information.
Can I make changes to my home?
You must get written permission from us before you make improvements and alterations to your home. Some requests may require us to visit your home before agreement can be provided. If we agree to your request, you will be responsible for any future repairs to your improvements and alterations. We won't say no unless we have a good reason.
Further guidance can be sent to you on request, and you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy for improvements you made. You must ask before you start alterations or improvements.
- Cable TV or satellite dishes
- Garden fence/shed/gates
- Central heating systems
- Laminate or wood flooring (if you have neighbours below you we will not give you permission)
- Cat flaps
- Tumble dryer vents
- Your gas or electric meter; and gas, electrical or plumbing installations
Some tenants are entitled to compensation at the end of their tenancy for improving their home. This depends on the type of improvement and other criteria. Any major alterations will need to meet statutory consents, such as a building warrant.
For more information or to discuss your ideas contact our Repairs team on 0131 657 0600.