We’re supporting people in reaching their full potential with measures and initiatives such as:
- Homelessness: Providing accommodation and specialist support for thousands of homeless people each year, including refugees, families and people with complex needs
- Employment and training: Working with partners to support people in finding jobs, training and volunteering opportunities
- Emergency essentials: Supported charities and social enterprises such as food banks, baby banks and volunteer networks
- Young people: Supporting local projects that engage younger people in physical activity and learning new skills
- Financial inclusion: Helping customers access welfare benefits, backdated payments and grant and charitable payments
Virtual places project
Derwent Living has set up the Virtual Places project with funding from The Places Foundation to help combat isolation for older people. The project uses technology to help residents at Derwent Living centres across the East Midlands to access places they can no longer physically visit, and helps them make new friends in their community. More than 200 people are engaged in activities every month, helping to improve mental wellbeing and tackle social isolation.