Places for People takes its responsibility towards the environment very seriously. Our environmental sustainability strategy has been developed with a zero-carbon future in mind, and comprises five key themes:
- Net-zero carbon: for example, using new technologies such as heat storage solutions, heat pumps and connected devices to help achieve zero carbon across our estate.
- Biodiversity: ensuring our new developments achieve 10 per cent biodiversity net gain.
- Sustainable transport: ensuring our own fleet is running on clean fuels within the next five years and that our estates give customers access to sustainable forms of transport.
- Climate resilience: mapping where our stock is affected by climate related risk and working with partners to help futureproof our customers’ homes.
- Zero waste to landfill: ensuring all non-hazardous waste is diverted from landfill by 2025.