My name is Sam, and I’ve had a great start having joined the Emerging Talent programme in September.
The breadth of knowledge I have access to being a part of Places for People is unrivalled, giving me the opportunity to qualify fully as an accountant and develop myself into a future leader. Since joining, I’ve been involved in various projects, including cost analysis and refining of our billing processes. It’s really helped my personal development!
Our Emerging Talent cohort has been very useful in that it has enabled us to collaborate across the Group, something which provides us with a variety of different experiences. Additionally, it’s been great to get to know everyone in a more social setting as well. We’re a friendly bunch!
In fact, we are actively encouraged to understand the roles of others in the organisation; the hierarchy of the programme gives us access to senior leaders right from the outset for advice and support. This has been an unrivalled experience and one that has been very useful in developing my skillset further.
- Previously, I worked in retail for 7 years whilst completing my studies.
- To broaden my knowledge, I spent 2 years working in operational finance for a leading payments processor – this really helped me to gain more of an insight into the finance industry.
- I graduated in 2017 with a BSc (Hons.) Accounting & Finance from the University of Central Lancashire
- My role is based at our Group Support Centre in Preston.
- I own a share in a racehorse.