Swap your home

Who can apply?

Contact the customer service centre to ask whether you have the right to exchange your home.

In most cases:

  • Secure and assured tenants have the right to exchange homes
  • Assured short-hold tenants and some tenants occupying purpose-built units do not have the right to exchange
  • There may also be certain limitations for supported housing tenants.

You'll need written permission from us before you exchange. We can refuse permission in certain circumstances - for example if you have rent arrears or your property is in poor condition.