Homeowner building insurance

If you're a homeowner, your buildings insurance may be provided by us through our insurer Zurich Municipal. You can find out if you're insured by looking at your lease or contract.

Insurance features and benefits

Our insurance protects your home against events such as: fire, storm, flood, escape of water, falling trees, malicious damage, riot, theft, subsidence and accidental damage. The policy also covers damage to outbuildings, garages, walls, fences, drives, paths and service pipes.

How to make a claim

Telephone 0845 850 9575 and ask for a claim form. Alternatively, download a form from this page and print it. Once completed send it to:

The Insurance Team
Places for People
4 The Pavilions
Port Way

Send your form within 30 days of the date of the incident to comply with the policy condition. Always remember to report a theft or malicious damage to the police - taking a note of the crime reference number. The insurance company will need this to process your claim.

This policy doesn't cover the contents of your home. We offer a separate home contents insurance policy - check it out to see if we can save you money.